Get to know Paws, Purrs & Exotics Animal Hospital!
Hello, and thank you for your interest in our practice! We are happy to introduce ourselves and share a little bit about our history, our philosophy and our staff. Please give us a call if you have any questions. We would love to hear from you!
Drs. Nia Perkins and Elton Vyfhuis had a dream, to open an amazing small animal practice that provided care for not only cats and dogs, but pocket pets, birds, and exotics. Paws, Purrs & Exotics Animal Hospital opened its doors in the summer of 2009 in Old Town Alexandria, Virginia.
To build a bond of trust with every client, and to be the veterinary advocate for all pets we care for.
- To help pet owners make sound medical decisions.
- To keep our doctors and staff up-to-date on the latest standards of care, and to provide a toolbox of valuable resources for pet owners.
- To strengthen the human-pet bond by ensuring the health and well being of our patients, and engage in open communication with their owners.
PPEAH Core Values
- We will always practice ethical medicine.
- We will have respect for all people and animals.
- We will be empathetic to our clients and patients’ needs.
- We will act in a professional manner at all times.
- We will hold ourselves accountable for our actions.
- We will work to keep our hospital clean, inside and out.
- We will strive to be effective communicators and active listeners.
- We promise to stay true to our values. Call us on it if we don’t!